Thursday, May 1, 2014

Why I love Korea



So yesterday walking to school it hit me that we really are getting down to the count down!

We have 1 month and 8 days before we fly home.  We will most likely never return to this country, and while I hope to get out of the USA again, I can't say for sure it will happen.
cute random picture of Wheeler.
When he saw it he said "A monster?"
I asked "Is that you?
Wheeler "Nope, not me. That's Pepper"

Also some other random funny things he says
"Oh momma, you look beautiful."
He tells the girls "look like princess."
He says "Oh gosh!" all the time.
"Awesome" is another of his favorite sayings
and he often puts the two together
"Oh gosh, that awesome!"



So walking to school I started thinking of all the things I love about Korea and what I will miss.


These are in NO order what so ever!


1. Cute Korean babies in their baby wraps.
2. Grandmas carrying these cute babies.
3. Traveling by bus.  I really like bus travel--except waiting for buses (unless I have a good book).
4.  The energy of people always out and about.  No matter what time it is there are people out!
5.  I am sure I will miss all the time I have with my kids.
6. I will miss having Lucas do the dishes 99% of the time.
7. A mountain right outside side the door.
8. A grocery store less than 2 minutes walk
9. the honesty of the people here--Seriously it is amazing how you can leave stuff and it will still be there!
10.  Lake Park --a cute lake/park just down the street.
11. Easy access to Korean food. When we go home we will have to travel 2-4 hours for Korean food.
12.  Beautiful LONG Fall and Spring seasons!
13. Tons of dragonfly's and butterfly's
14. Of course my students. some drive me crazy, but I will mostly miss them all!
15. I love knowing that I shouldn't buy a ton of stuff because we don't really need it.
16. I love having just a few pieces of clothing (1 1/2 drawers and a TINY closet for everything of mine) and being OK with that.
17. Not having the pressure to meet anyone expectations, cause being the 'foreigner' no one has any for me!
18. Korea has these random wonderful smells--flowers, food, and just the air sometimes.
19. The great International friend that I have.
20. The teachers I work with are all so kind- I will miss them all.
21.  The sound Koreans make when they are pleasantly surprised. "Whhaaaa?"
22. How Koreans say "really"


Everyday until I leave I will try to add more and have the kids add some too.




1 comment:

  1. Just randomly read this as it came up on my Google feed, and it made me smile. Korea must seem like a lifetime ago sometimes, especially since the baby was born! :) I'd be interested to hear how you feel about these things now that a little time has passed. What do you miss most? What do you really not miss?

    Hope you and the rest of the Larsons are happy, healthy and smiling today! xx

    ReplyDelete