Sunday, July 28, 2013

still working out the wrinkles!

Life in Korea is GREAT! 

The girls are now on Summer break for one month and I get 3 days off of work this week~ BUT
it is SOOO hot! 

We are going to go to the ocean this week and the Aquarium sometime!  My biggest problem is the heat is a major energy zapper!

I have been taking pictures but I have a few problems.  We don't have an adaptor and converter to recharge our camera and the pictures I take on my phone have no way of downloading to the computer, but I think I found a way to put them to facebook first and then to the Blog, but no luck with doing video that way!

Always something!!

I have a whole page of blog ideas to write so I hope that soon I can get pictures and ideas BOTH on paper!


3 comments:

  1. I found your blog from Carlos and Amy's blog comments! Awesome to know teaching in Korea can be done with kiddos....are you in EPIK/GEPIK and was the process harder because you had a family? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca--I tried to go to your name to reply, but all my info is still in Korea, so I hope that you get this reply!

    Email me at chaplin222@hotmail and put in Subject something about Korea questions and I would be happy to answer any more questions.

    I didn't go with Epik/Gepik. I wanted to work for a Hogwan (private school) because of the hours. I wanted to be with my family during most of the day (which with my girls going to school and my hubby working out didn't end up that way!), but I like the night hours working anyway.

    I put my resume on the website called Eslcafe. I put IN my resume that I would be coming with my family, but I still made sure that any recruiters knew right away that I had a family--Some would work with me, some wouldn't. It was much more expensive, as you can image, to get 5 people to Korea instead of one.

    I know i need to do a whole blog on our getting things together for Korea---maybe one day! :) Please feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to email you, my email is blueraindrops24@live.com in case you get this before I reply later! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete