Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Korean Bucket List --


(UPDATE 1/1/2014--All the things that are in ( ) are things that I have updated today!)

So I had a few things on my LIFE bucket list before coming to Korea that I knew I could accomplish in Korea... (I wrote this at the end of November)

like

1. Ride on a subway

2. Ride in a taxi
3. Go out of the country
4. Get a passport
5. Get a stamp in my passport
6. Own a smart phone

And then after reading blogs about Korea I started to add other things to my Bucket List that were specific to Korea...

like

7.  Go to Jeju Island
8.  See traditional Korean dancing
9.  Hear traditional Korean music
10.  Find at least one KPop song I really like
11. Go to the Garden Expo
12. Go to the Suncheon Bay
13. See tradition Korean houses
14. See tradition Korean clothes
15.  Eat Street food
16.  See the Cherry Blossom festival
17.  Buy really cheap, really cute clothes (This isn't going to happen, because clothes here are not cheap!)
18.  See a drunk guy peeing in the streets
19. Make friends in Korea
20. Be really good with homeschooling (Started this on Dec 30th--so far so good)
21. See an area Lucas served his mission in. (the Girls and Lucas took a day trip to take Steven and Azylynn to the airport and saw one of his old area's.  I stayed home with a sick Wheeler man!)

Since being here I have added even more

22. Learn to make Kimchi Chega (It is SO GOOD!)
23. See the lantern festival
24. Be helpful to any foreigner who needs help
25.  Earn a black belt  (this goal has changed because I won't have enough time to become a blackbelt, and the final test -in front of a panel of judges-only speak Korean, so I would have to learn Korean in order to take the test--not going to happen!)
26. Go to a Bath House
27. Get a Korean name from Koreans.   (Jung Pbearl Song--Jung is the family name Lucas was giving, and Pbearl means 'Star' and Song means spiritual or/and tender.)
28. Leave with the same amount of suitcases we came with
2 learn to make Kimchee  (I don't think this is going to happen because 1. I guess it takes months-because you have to make the sauce a few months before actually adding it to the kimchee. PLUS we have been given so much kimchee we don't need to make it--so I will watch youtube, and read blogs when we get home on how to make it.)

Lucas Bucket List:
1. Live in a super small apartment!
2. Enjoy it while I am here so I can look back on it fondly.
3. Reach my goal weight (he is within 3 pounds)
4. Learn some MMA   (He joined a gym and is learning some moves)

Peppers:

1.  Lolli Polli (a bouncy house play place)   (Pepper went to a place like Lolli Polli-so that counts)

Sedona

1. get a circle stamp with her Korean name on it.   (Dad has been paying the girls for helping with Wheeler so with the money Sedona got she bought her own Korean Name Stamp--it says her name in Korean-Sounds like: Say-Dough-Nah)


So our new Bucket List looks like this

1. Find at least one Kpop song I really like
2. Go to a Bathhouse
3. See the lantern festival
4. See the Cherry Blossoms
5. Be helpful to any foreigner that needs help
6. Leave with the same amount of Suitcases we came with

Lucas:
1. Reach my goal weight
2. Enjoy it while I am here so I can look back on it fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment