Saturday, May 18, 2013

Break glass in case of emergency.



I know many people are worried about us moving to such a "scary" country.

Not that S. Korea is scary, but how close it is to N. Korea is scary.



A few good things to note:

We live super south.  We do not live close to N. Korea.

We are close to a military relocation area if we had to leave the country

There are lots of American Service men/woman in S Korea.

We have emergency credit cards ready to use (I called the companies, we are good to use them internationally) with more then enough to fly us all out on the first flight out---IF we had to

I have already signed up with the emergency contact info website that will send me instant info if immediate departure is needed.

I have tried too--and will continue to--contact the LDS mission President--they have a very successful evacuation plan in place.

We will register with the Embassy as soon as possible.

And we will live in Faith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My personal feelings on N. Korea.

North Korea is a small country with very limited resources, very poorly taken care of people, and lots of problems.  There are not many other countries that would be willing to back them up if a war came to be.  China is the closest, but I feel the last thing China wants is another 25,000,000 people to take care of.

Call me idealistic, but I hope one day the North will just change.  I see it happening more like the Berlin Wall coming down then WWIII.  One day the wall was there, the next day people were tearing it down.  That is what I think will happen.  The boarders will be open,  and knowing the USA, we will hopefully step in and help set up a successful government and give aid, then withdraw from South Korea totally.  I know some people will laugh at this, but that is how I hope it will come to pass.

Plus I really think that if something were to arise the US has more control over the situation then we know.

The best way I heard N. Korea described is as a chihuahua barking at pit bulls. The Pit Bulls keep an eye on it, but mostly it is annoying.




No comments:

Post a Comment