Sunday, May 12, 2013

Meet the Adventurers!




Grand Canyon  2013
Mesa Verde 2013


 THE ADVENTURES
Like the Avengers  but no superpowers, extreme money, or fancy costumes!

Sedona, Arizona 2013





Since my hubby trucked for years I will be using our trucker CB names--So Meet



Lucky Luke
My wonderful, good-looking, strong, and though few know it--good hearted husband.
He can be ornery, but he is pretty amazing!  Some fun facts about Lucas--

He has a super soft spot for babies and animals
He is totally loyal
He is totally spiritual
He can wiggle his ears (individually) and his hair
He is a great teacher
He doesn't put up with any manipulation--he will call anyone out who tries to do it
He is brutally honest--never ask him a question you don't want 100% honesty on
He is able to cut to the chase
He can stand his ground with anyone
He treats the poorest person the same way he treats the richest person
He does not get star struck with anyone
He can hold a conversation with anyone
He doesn't have to talk to anyone for days and still be ok with life
He loves fishing, camping, 4-wheeling, and backpacking
He is mechanically minded and can build just about anything
He works out almost every day and is still in as good as shape as he was when we met
And really the list could go on and on and on



 
Lady Lovebug

Me---I am the mom of the group and the one that has pressing forward with this Korea adventure since we decided to do it. I guess this is my mid-life crisis!
Some facts about me

I would rather make a plan then go through with a plan
I love face painting
I love storytelling (mostly reading books to children under the age of 8)
I am horrible at keeping a house clean
I might fall down the stairs or run into things more than your average person
I have really scary dreams --- often.
I collect things--papers, pens, books, pictures, crafts, but I know where most everything is
I have a degree in Communications and Theater
I start lots of projects, but rarely finish them
I may have a few controls issues
I gather way to much information when learning about something I find interesting
I think my dream job would be a children’s storyteller or an idea person for parties
I spend too much time on the computer
I don’t like my food to touch on my plate
I LOVE pizza
I have a bad habit of losing things—keys, money, important papers, and more
I still get so excited about stuff I can’t sleep at night






Squirt
 
My 7 (almost 8) year old daughter, Sedona

She does have great eyesight.
She has an amazing Remembory (memory and remembering)
She is so tender hearted
She like to do things correctly
She has been dancing since she could walk
She can be ditsy sometimes
She talked in full sentences before she walked
She loves to hike
She loves to Ride her bike
She is very in tune with others feelings
She is outgoing and loves meeting people
She is a year ahead in most of her school work
She day-dreams a lot
She has been student of the month two years in a row
She is an old soul—just like her dad
She brings such happiness to all of us!



 


Firecracker

My 5 year old, Pepper

She loves to have fun
She loves to listen to grown ups talking and (quote) "to get all the news"
She loves to tell hard luck stories
She is nervous but excited about moving to Korea
She says little sayings that are not common for 5 year olds
She is really tough and can almost take down Sedona
She is tenderhearted and hates to disappoint people
She does the cutest ballet dances
She is almost always "sunny" (which means she was good at school--sunnys are only given to the best behaved kids)
Her teachers love her--and so does everyone else--all the kids parents tell me "oh you are Pepper's mom, my child just loves her"
She has this don't mess with me walk that I LOVE!
Her bellybutton is half white and half brown (birthmark)—totally cool
She loves to ride her bike
She lives up to her name and nickname, but we wouldn’t want it any other way  
She brings so much love and happiness to us





Little  Man

My almost 2 year old, Wheeler

He broke his nose a few days ago  :(
He loves to eat
He talks a lot, but only about 10% is understandable
He is very hit and miss with strangers
He has a lot of toys but would still rather mess up whatever project anyone else is working on
He does the cutest baby talk to babies smaller than him
He won't let me cut his fingernails and they are like razors!
We use to call him squealer Wheeler because he squealed like a girl/still does sometimes!
He love the Tractor Song I found on youtube and a Korean car cartoon I found
He LOVES his sisters.
He has a cutest smile and wonderful facial expressions
He hates to be ‘Stuck’ and freaks out a little when he is stuck.
He likes to wear socks and shoes—which were some of his first words
We started to teach him sign language since he wouldn’t talk and he learn the words as fast as the signs and now he rarely signs the words
He wants to be outside as much as possible
He Loves Tractors
He has a low voice for a baby, but a piercing scream
He is stubborn--to this day he will not call Sedona by her name, only by the name Pepper  When we say--"NO her name is SEDONA"--he shakes his head no and says "no PEPPER!"  Like we are idiots!




No comments:

Post a Comment