Monday, October 21, 2013

Cycle of Home Sickness keeps going and going!

We are all having a bit of a low.  I blame it totally on Marinda and Steve.

Lucas's sister and her husband are so fun to have around when they left we all had a let down.  Plus the girls thought we would be going home with them so that was a major hit for them.

The fall days are beautiful and I find myself not hating the weather anymore.  Heat and I do not get along, but I have to say I am past the dislike this place phase and have moved into the waiting zone.  I think I am actually still in the dislike phase cause tonight at work I did count down to see how many weeks left (33).  But when I say only 33 more Saturday's here it is kind of sad.

I have had two strangers now contact me through my blog and ask questions.  I have totally failed one of them--I told her I would post my budget the first few months and have yet to do it.

The last lady contacted me and said I gave her the push to go ahead and move to Korea.  That actually made me giddy for a while, and then really scared.

What if they hate it?  What if they aren't use to being poor like we are and find it unrealistic and have to eat ramen every meal ever day for 2 weeks---Not that WE are doing that.  Actually we aren't.  We are really tight on money this month which means eating out once a week has now turned to eating out never! Which is ok cause we sacrificed for a great cause--having fun with Marinda and Steve.  

SO I am doing a BIG WARNING to anyone who is thinking of moving to Korea.

I like lists so here are some things I find frustrating being here as a family.

1. Everyone else here is single, or here with just a couple, so people have way more money.
2.  Couples earn twice as much since they both work but share one household set of bills--so you always feel a little behind because you can't go out as much as they do--or even 1/4 as often.
3. Your kids will get SICK of people asking them `whats your name? How old are you?` because every Korean knows those 2 sentences in English

So I started this post weeks ago~ I will publish what I have now

BUT...

to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. :) I have been waiting for updates! Are you going to do another year in Korea by chance? Oh and random, but you've kind of given me the push as well...2x scary now, lol.

    ReplyDelete